Wednesday, October 14, 2009

3 Tips for Getting Dinner on the Table in a Flash

TwitterMoms recently asked if I had any tips for getting dinner on the table in a flash. The truth is that I put together dinner in a flash 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time I actually focus on a real meal. Don't get me wrong, the food I feed my family is real, its just not fancy (that same 95% of the time)

*Spend one day sauteeing vegetables and cooking pasta/rice etc for use in meals for the rest of the week. I can't tell you how EASY it is to whip up a quick cheese sauce and you have instant Mac and Cheese (from scratch) for lunch. I never buy preservative laden food. My son has never eaten boxed Mac and Cheese!

*Wash All Fruits and Veggies after grocery shopping so you can grab and cook through out the week. Keep fresh herbs in a glass of water in the fridge. There are few veggies that will spoil sooner after being washed. Make sure you use within one week.

*Organize your recipes by prep/cook time as well as categorizing the meal. For instance:
-15 Minute Dinners
-20 Minute Dinners
So on and so forth. It is also nice to tag the main ingredients with Post It tags (if you have a binder type recipe folder)

I hope that all of my tips can help you get dinner on the table in a flash. I am always up for answering questions and hearing your ideas of how you get dinner prepared in a flash!!